Below is a step-by-step to set up Microsoft Outlook 2003-2010 to work with your BEZA.NET e-mail account. These steps are similar for other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook using the same or similar steps as in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "IMAP" and click Next. (Recommended is IMAP)
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
Enter your first and last name.
Enter your e-mail address.
Enter your e-mail address, again.
Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account.
Incoming mail server (IMAP)
Enter mail.yourdomain.com replace yourdomain.com with the domain you have registered in your BEZA control panel account. (See note below)
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Enter mail.beza.net for your outgoing mail server. (See note below)
NOTE: replace mail.yourdomain.com the domain you have registered in your BEZA control panel account. For example if your domain is mycompany.com, then the IMAP and SMTP server should be mail.mycompany.com
- Click the "More Settings..." button
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Advance" tab.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) from 25 to 587.
- Click OK.
- Click Next
- Click Finish.